AMAX’s [SMART]DC Data Center Manager Is Universal Infrastructure Management Solution For Highly-Efficient Data Centers
Fremont, CA, March 8, 2017 – AMAX, a leading provider of cloud computing solutions for the modern data center, announced today that it will be at OCP 2017 in the Santa Clara Convention Center on March 8th and 9th, demonstrating how its [SMART]DC Data Center Manager can serve as a universal infrastructure management solution for heterogeneous and highly-efficient data centers.
“As data centers scale aggressively to meet the demands of a cloud-dependent, highly-connected XaaS world, enterprises seek ways to reduce the CAPEX and OPEX of their data centers to maximize ROI,” said Dr. Rene Meyer, Director of Product Development, AMAX. “One dominant trend is the movement away from purpose-built, brand-name servers to lower cost, commoditized white box servers that offer a higher degree of customization, as well as interest in open platforms.”
[SMART]DC Data Center Manager was developed to address the needs of companies to have a seamless way to adopt white box platforms with minimal disruption, and manage their entire data center infrastructure using a single pane of glass to achieve universal management. [SMART]DC is compatible across all major server platforms, including Dell, HP, and Lenovo, as well as major white box platforms. [SMART]DC can be used to manage standard compute and storage platforms as well as high-performance platforms featuring NVIDIA GPUs for Deep Learning and HPC.
Deployed as an out-of-band appliance, [SMART]DC is designed to be a robust remote management tool with intelligent software-defined power and cost saving features to help data centers achieve up to 30% in power savings. The software features versatile interface options, including an intuitive and configurable web GUI, Command Line Interface (CLI), and integration into existing management interfaces via API, with zero code modification needed.
Key benefits include:
- Out-Of-Band Management: Communication is agentless through the BMC management port, independent of server OS. Does not consume CPU resources or interfere with applications.
- Virtual KVM: Administer, provision, and diagnose servers from anywhere through remote KVM.
- Real-Time Reporting: Track real-time server activity, power consumption, and thermal trends. Gain insights needed for data center power and efficiency management and future capacity planning without having to rely on additional sensors or meters.
- Integrated Health Monitoring: Detect, locate, and identify server health issues. Receive alerts for overcooling and hotspots of data room before they become incidents to improve uptime.
- Security: Set user and group privileges for access control and rights management.
- Density: Maximize server count per rack based on power consumption analytics to improve rack space efficiency.
- Power Savings: Automatically flag idle and underutilized servers for consolidation or repurposing.
- Call Home Ready: Supports add-on embedded service notification feature for AMAX hardware to expedite break/fix services.
[SMART]DC is the standardized management component in One Platform, AMAX’s turnkey solution which is delivered fully rack-integrated, tested, and ready to plug and play, minimizing engineering overhead and time to market (TTM). One Platform features a modular design capable of supporting various applications (OpenStack, Big Data Analytics, Cloud Storage, HPC/Deep Learning), and a configurable power shelf with in-rack battery. With [SMART]DC, One Platform can be easily plugged into an existing data center and be managed alongside existing infrastructure under a single management layer.
[SMART]DC can also be bundled with AMAX platforms including CB3 Data Center Building Blocks, CloudMax™ OpenStack and AMAX Deep Learning Solutions. To see how [SMART]DC manages traditional hardware, white box, and Deep Learning platforms, AMAX will be running live demos in Booth #B12 during the OCP Summit on March 8th and 9th, 2017. Please stop by the booth or contact us to arrange a consultation.
About AMAX AI
AMAX AI specializes in AI / Deep Learning infrastructure design and solutions. AMAX AI works with today’s most cutting edge AI startups as well as global enterprises and leading universities to build out AI infrastructures for development, training and inference at scale. As an NVIDIA Preferred Partner, AMAX AI focuses on high-performance GPU solutions ranging from rackscale DL-as-a-Service platforms to compute-dense servers and dev workstations. The MATRIX Deep-Learning-in-a-Box product line features containerized Deep Learning solutions bundled with everything you need to fast track your development and deployment, and can be combined as MATRIX building blocks to build a highly elastic, self-service on-premise Deep Learning cloud.